Saturday, October 2, 2010

Luthor




Over at The Source, DC has unveiled the cover for the new Luthor hardcover as well as a couple new story pages. They asked me to write a little something up, so I tried to provide a bit of information in regards to the new and improved, 'director's cut' of Brian Azzarello's and my 2005 mini series LEX LUTHOR: MAN OF STEEL. This was such a treat to get to do. For reasons I wont go into here, that mini always felt unfinished and the fact that the powers that be over at DC have allowed us to tinker with the book as much as we have is really unprecedented.

The book should be out this month. SO nice to finally see it in hardcover form after five years. Wow..... has it really been five years?!?!

8 comments:

  1. Wow that cover is beautiful! Can't wait for it to come out, it'll look great next to my hardback "Joker"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is so COOL...and i waited so long for HC. I pre-ordered it! yay! Thanks for amazing posting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is a really, really good news... Love ur work and this title was the first time i was bought of ur style and art... I lve this kind of director's cut edition so that people who already read the prior version wont be feel cheated instead they can buy this one too so they can dwell more complete with the stories and enjoyed the additional materials....

    i agree to what you said, that something was a bit confusing and an added story was never better to this already great and thought provoking story... i still asking myself and others who have read it, why do Wayne wanted to make a deal with Luthor (then i assume perhaps that scene with Supes vs Bats that follows it was their first confrontation, cause they both look unfriendly to each other at all..)

    I'll bought this one for sure... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Damn, now I have to buy this book all over again! As a previous commenter said, it's gonna look so good next to the Joker one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. F A N T A S T I C !!!!!

    Great works! congratulations!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi lee,

    I would like to purchase any original page I hope yours can give me a contact address to talk about

    ReplyDelete